Climb aboard our beautifully appointed, classic red & green trolleys as we guide you on a journey of historic Galena sights including Grants Home, the Galena History Museum, Quality Hill and Galena’s historic Main Street.
Our air-conditioned and open-air Galena trolley tour is the one activity you won’t want to miss while on your Galena getaway. Also heated when the weather calls for it!
You will be traveling on an authentic 1940’s San Francisco style trolley on wheels. This one hour historic trolley tour will take you through one of the country’s most popular and historic communities. We will tour the historic district of Galena which straddles the east and west side of the Galena River, once a port to over 14 riverboats as they waited to check into the customs house. Today the river is a mere trickle of what it once was and we’ll tell you how and why this happened. The tour will view many of Galena’s most prominent and spectacular buildings and homes. Some of the features of your Tri-State Trolley Tour include:
– The Galena Post Office – Blacksmith Shop
– DeSoto House Hotel – Fulton and City Breweries
– The Old Stockade – Elihu Washburn House
– Ryan Packing House – Annie Wiggins Guest House
– The Old Market House – Grace Episcopal Church
– Grant’s Home – Turner Hall
– The Railroad Depot – Galena History Museum